SEP 9-OCT 30, 2022
Select Baseball Elite Fall League
Powered by New Balance
New England Baseball Complex
2024 & Under
2023 & Under
September 9th – October 29th
All teams will play 6 (9 innings games) with playoffs.
Friday night or Saturday games.
Championship & 2nd place awards.
- Game Time: Starting time is forfeit time unless there is a delay. Game time starts at completion of ground rules. All teams should plan on arriving 30 minutes prior to scheduled start time.
- Home Team: Coin flip will determine the home team during pool play games. In single elimination round, the higher seeded team will be the home team.
- Player Minimum: A team must start with a minimum of 9 players but can finish with 8, taking an out in vacated batting position(s)
- Infield Warm-Ups: All teams are encouraged to warm-up as much as possible before game time. NO PREGAME INFIELD!
- Pitching Rules:
- No pitching restrictions. We highly recommend coaches using the Pitch Smart guidelines.
- There are no warnings on balks.
- If a balk is called then the play is dead. Each base-runner moves up one base.
- Pitchers cannot fake to third base; it will be considered a balk.
- The pitcher must be replaced on the 2nd mound visit per inning or the 3rd mound visit in the game. This resets for each pitcher.
- Intentional Walks: Coaches simply need to tell the umpire that you are intentionally walking the batter and no longer need to throw 4 pitches. The ball is dead.
- Time Limit: All games will have a 2 1/2 hour time limit. This is not a drop-dead time limit. No new inning can start after the time limit has been reached. If the home team is up to bat and is winning the game when the time limit expires the game will end at the point of time expiration. If you start an inning before the time limit, you must finish it. Site director is responsible for keeping the official time.
- Run Rule: 15 runs after 4 innings, 10 runs after 5 innings. Home team always needs to get their last at bat unless they are winning. If run rule takes place before the time limit, then it is an official game and completed. Both teams will continue to play until the 9 innings is completed or the time limit is reached. Teams will start a new inning with 0-0 score and will finish the game. Those remaining innings played will not count.
- Extra Inning Rule: Start with bases loaded and 1 out. Last 3 batters from previous inning will be the base runners. Play until you have a winner. There are no extra innings in regular season.
- Courtesy Runners: Teams have the option to use a courtesy runner for the catcher or pitcher at any point during the game. This runner must be a player not in the line-up at that time. If you have no players available on the bench, then you can use the last batter from the previous inning.
- Re-entry rule. A player can only re-enter in the same batting slot in the line-up. You can never hit in 2 different spots in the line-up during a game.
- Re-entry for a pitcher: In the event a pitcher is substituted with a pinch-runner or hitter, the pitcher may re-enter the game immediately as long as another pitcher does not throw a pitch. If he re-enters after someone else throws a pitch, he will not be allowed to pitch in that game.
- Batting Order:
- The batting order must consist of at least 9 players. Teams can use an EH and a DH in the same line-up. Teams also have the option of using as many EH’s as they want.
- When you move the EH around in the field you do not have to tell the other team what position he is playing each inning. You only have to tell the other team if your lineup changes.
- If a player is injured while using a continuous batting order and that players spot in the batting order comes up, an out is recorded and then they can continue with the batting order.
- Ejection Rules:
- A coach or player ejection carries removal from that game only.
- A coach or player who is ejected for the 2nd time is suspended for the rest of the event.
- The Tournament Director has the authority to suspend a coach or player for the rest of the event after the 1st ejection based on the severity of the act.
- Stop in play:
- If games are not resumed, they will become suspended or called official.
- If 4 innings have been completed, or 3 ½ innings if the home team is ahead will become an official game.
- A suspended game will resume where the game was halted.
- Seedings are determined by the following:
- Overall Record
- Runs Against then Runs Scored.
- Coin Flip.
- Bat Rules:
- BBCOR Bats
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No Metal Cleats
- No Sunflower Seeds or Gum
- No Smoking
- No Alcohol
- No Tobacco Use
- No Pets
- No Outside Coolers
- No Bicycles, Scooters, Roller Skates, or Skateboards
- New England Baseball Complex is not responsible for any lost or stolen items at the facility
- Parking is free at the New England Baseball Complex. If additional parking is needed, there will be signs and parking attendants to direct you to the player drop-off and overflow lot
- Please do not double park or park in unmarked spots. Cars will be towed at the owner’s expense
- No parking is allowed in the medical building lot. Cars will be towed at the owner’s expense
- New England Baseball Complex is not responsible for any damage to parked cars
FIRST AID & AED
- First Aid equipment and AED is on-site at all events.