Memorial Day Classic
Powered by New Balance
11u & 12u: New England Baseball Complex
9u & 10u: Southern New Hampshire
13u & 14u: Central MA / North Shore MA
- 100 Teams (9u – 10 Teams) (10u – 10 Teams) (11u – 20 Teams) (12u – 20 Teams) (13u – 20 Teams) (14u – 20 Teams)
- 4 Game Guarantee
- Championship MVP Award
- All-Tournament Team Awards
- Championship & Runner-Up Awards
- Baseball and Umpires Included
*$100 of tournament registration fee will cover New England Baseball Complex’s gate fee for parents and spectators
|3-||NH Prospects||3-||NH Prospects|
|4-||Nor’easters Stampede Black||4-||GBG Northeast|
|5-||Franklin Bulldogs White||5-||Nor’Easters Knight Riders|
|6-||Nor’Easters Inferno||6-||SnapDragon Baseball|
|7-||SnapDragon Baseball||7-||Giants Elite|
Coastal Riptide Black
Coastal Riptide Black
|2-||Coastal Riptide Teal||2-||Coastal Riptide Teal|
|3-||Evo Alpha||3-||Evo Alpha|
|4-||Evo Apex||4-||Evo Apex|
|6-||Crush Athletics||6-||Bay Sox American|
|7-||Giants Futures Black||7-||Lumberyard Gold|
|8-||NH Prospects||8-||Giants Futures Orange|
|9-||GBG Northeast||9-||Lab Baseball Navy|
|10-||SnapDragon Baseball||10-||NH Prospects|
|11-||Mass Hurricanes||11-||Hingham Heat|
|12-||South Shore Rox||12-||Lab Baseball White|
|13-||Show Baseball National||3-||GBG Northeast|
|14-||Wolfpack Baseball||14-||SnapDragon Baseball|
|15-||WM Mountaineers Orange||15-||SnapDragon Baseball Super|
|16-||Beantown Bombers Weston||16-||Show National|
|17-||Lab Baseball||17-||Beantown Bombers Navy|
|18-||Beantown Bombers North||18-||Beantown Bombers Red|
|19-||New England Jaguars||19-||New England Jaguars|
|20-||GBG Northeast Blue||20-||Seacoast Pirates Mariotti|
Coastal Riptide Black
Coastal Riptide Black
|2-||Coastal Riptide Teal||2-||Coastal Riptide White|
|3-||New England Ruffnecks||3-||New England Ruffnecks|
|4-||Show New England National||4-||Pride Baseball|
|5-||Show New England Elite||5-||Show New England American|
|6-||South Shore Patriots Navy||6-||Mass Hurricanes Elite|
|7-||Kings||7-||Show New England Elite|
|8-||Kings Black||8-||Bay Sox National|
|9-||Bay Sox American||9-||NH Prospects|
|10-||MDB Knights||10-||Hit Dr Diamonds Black|
|11-||NH Prospects||11-||GBG Northeast Blue|
|12-||Giants Futures Black||12-||GBG Northeast White|
|13-||Nor’easters West||3-||Kings Black|
|14-||GBG Northeast Black||14-||SnapDragon Baseball|
|15-||SnapDragon Baseball||15-||Strike Zone|
|16-||J&M Baseball||16-||J&M Baseball|
|17-||Coastal Maine Storm Orange||17-||Giants Elite Red|
|18-||Coastal Maine Storm Black||18-||Coastal Maine Storm|
|19-||Team New England||19-||Long Island Sharks|
|20-||Bay State Braves Red||20-||Team New England|
- (pools of 5) (10u no pools)
- Saturday & Sunday Format:
- All teams will play 2 games on Saturday & Sunday.
- Monday Format:
- Gold Bracket: Top team in each pool based on tie breaker system will advance to the Gold Bracket single elimination round.
- Game Time: Starting time is forfeit time unless there is a delay. Game time starts at completion of ground rules. All teams should plan on arriving 30 minutes prior to scheduled start time.
- Home Team: Coin flip will determine the home team during pool play games. In single elimination round, the higher seeded team will be the home team.
- Player Minimum: A team must start with a minimum of 9 players but can finish with 8, taking an out in vacated batting position(s)
- Infield Warm-Ups: All teams are encouraged to warm-up as much as possible before game time. NO PREGAME INFIELD!
- Pitching Rules:
- No pitching restrictions. We highly recommend coaches using the Pitch Smart guidelines.
- There are no warnings on balks. (9u & 10u age divisions are closed bases)
- If a balk is called then the play is dead. Each base-runner moves up one base.
- Pitchers cannot fake to third base; it will be considered a balk.
- The pitcher must be replaced on the 2nd mound visit per inning or the 3rd mound visit in the game. This resets for each pitcher.
- Intentional Walks: Coaches simply need to tell the umpire that you are intentionally walking the batter and no longer need to throw 4 pitches. The ball is dead.
- Time Limit: All games will have a 1 hour and 40 minute (9u-12u) & 2 hour time limit (13u-14u) except for the Championship Game. This is not a drop-dead time limit. No new inning can start after the time limit has been reached. If the home team is up to bat and is winning the game when the time limit expires the game will end at the point of time expiration. If you start an inning before the time limit, you must finish it. Site director is responsible for keeping the official time.
- Run Rule: 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings and 8 runs after 5 innings. Home team always needs to get their last at bat unless they are winning.
- Extra Inning Rule: Start with bases loaded and 1 out. Last 3 batters from previous inning will be the base runners. Play until you have a winner. There are ties in pool play.
- Courtesy Runners: Teams have the option to use a courtesy runner for the catcher or pitcher at any point during the game. This runner must be a player not in the line-up at that time. If you have no players available on the bench, then you can use the last batter from the previous inning.
- Re-entry rule. A player can only re-enter in the same batting slot in the line-up. You can never hit in 2 different spots in the line-up during a game.
- Re-entry for a pitcher: In the event a pitcher is substituted with a pinch-runner or hitter, the pitcher may re-enter the game immediately as long as another pitcher does not throw a pitch. If he re-enters after someone else throws a pitch, he will not be allowed to pitch in that game.
- Batting Order:
- The batting order must consist of at least 9 players. Teams can use an EH and a DH in the same line-up. Teams also have the option of using as many EH’s as they want.
- When you move the EH around in the field you do not have to tell the other team what position he is playing each inning. You only have to tell the other team if your lineup changes.
- If a player is injured while using a continuous batting order and that players spot in the batting order comes up, an out is recorded and then they can continue with the batting order.
- Ejection Rules:
- A coach or player ejection carries removal from that game only.
- A coach or player who is ejected for the 2nd time is suspended for the rest of the event.
- The Tournament Director has the authority to suspend a coach or player for the rest of the event after the 1st ejection based on the severity of the act.
- Stop in play:
- If games are not resumed, they will become suspended or called official.
- If 4 innings have been completed, or 3 ½ innings if the home team is ahead will become an official game.
- A suspended game will resume where the game was halted.
- Seedings are determined by the following:
- Pool Winners
- Overall Record
- Runs Against then Runs Scored in the 2 games.
- Runs Against then Runs Scored in first game.
- Runs Against then Runs Scored in second game.
- Coin Flip.
- Bat Rules:
- Metal/composite bats (14U is BBCOR or Wood bat only)
- All bats must have a branding, label, or stamp proving BPF 1.15; length/weight ratio does not matter for this age level
- USA Bats, BBCOR, and/or Wood Bats are also allowed
- Effective January 1, 2022, the following bats may not be used in this event:
- 2015 Demarini CF7 (-5)
- 2015 Easton XL1 (-5)
- 2016 Demarini CF8 (-5)
- 2016 Demarini CF8 (-8)
- 2016 Demarini CF8 (-10)
- 2017 All Demarini CF Zen Bats
- Louisville Slugger Blue Meta Composite (33/30 model only)
- 2018 Dirty South Kamo BB KA 8 (30/22, 31/21, 32/22, 31/23, 32/24 only)
- (Easton) Ghost X (30/20 only – USA Baseball Marked)
NEBC Facility Rules
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No Metal Cleats
- No Sunflower Seeds or Gum
- No Smoking
- No Alcohol
- No Tobacco Use
- No Pets
- No Outside Coolers
- No Bicycles, Scooters, Roller Skates, or Skateboards
- New England Baseball Complex is not responsible for any lost or stolen items at the facility
- Parking is free at the New England Baseball Complex. If additional parking is needed, there will be signs and parking attendants to direct you to the player drop-off and overflow lot
- Please do not double park or park in unmarked spots. Cars will be towed at the owner’s expense
- No parking is allowed in the medical building lot. Cars will be towed at the owner’s expense
- New England Baseball Complex is not responsible for any damage to parked cars
FIRST AID & AED
- First Aid equipment and AED is on-site at all events.
Other Facility Rules
3STEP Sports Pro-Shop & Tournament T-Shirts
Championship Game(s) Live Stream Link
Select Baseball will be Live Streaming the Memorial Day Classic Championship Game via Game Changer. Please check back for the link to view on Monday, 5/30.