MAY 26-29, 2023
Memorial Day Classic
Powered by New Balance
9u, 11u & 12u: New England Baseball Complex
10u: Southern New Hampshire
13u & 14u: Central MA / North Shore MA
- 100 Teams (9u – 10 Teams) (10u – 10 Teams) (11u – 20 Teams) (12u – 20 Teams) (13u – 20 Teams) (14u – 20 Teams)
- 4 Game Guarantee
- Championship MVP Award
- All-Tournament Team Awards
- Championship & Runner-Up Awards
- Baseball and Umpires Included
*$100 of tournament registration fee will cover New England Baseball Complex’s gate fee for parents and spectators
MAY 26-29, 2023
REGULAR: 9u/10u: $1395.00 per team + Transaction Fee
11u/12u: $1595.00 per team + Transaction Fee
13u/14u: $1595.00 per team + Transaction Fee
MAY 26-29, 2023
TOURNAMENT BRACKET COMING SOON
|2||NH Prospects||2||NH Prospects|
|3||Grizzlies Baseball||3||Grizzlies Baseball|
|4||Pioneer Legends||4||NH Cannons|
|5||Bay Sox||5||Nor’Easters Stampede Green|
|6||Nor’Easters Stampede Black||6||Coastal Riptide Black|
|7||Coastal Riptide||7||Coastal Riptide Teal|
|8||WM Mountaineers||8||Show New England Lynnfield|
|9||Runbirds||9||Show New England American|
|10||Roadrunners||10||Bay Sox American|
|12||Show New England|
|1||GBG Northeast Black||1||GBG Northeast Black|
|2||GBG Northeast Blue||2||GBG Northeast Blue|
|3||NH Prospects||3||NH Prospects|
|4||Grizzlies Baseball||4||Grizzlies Baseball|
|5||NH Cannons||5||NH Cannons|
|6||Show New England||6||Bay Sox American|
|7||Pioneer Legends||7||MWS Devils|
|8||Maine Lightning Blue||8||NH Crush|
|9||Hit Dr Diamonds Black||9||Rockets Select|
|10||Runbirds||10||Show New England American|
|11||East Coast Eagles Blue|
|12||East Coast Eagles White|
|13||Bandits Baseball Club|
|16||Maine Lightning Blue|
|18||Top Level A’s|
|19||Northeast Clutch Elite|
|20||Diamond Hill Baseball|
|21||Coastal Riptide White|
|22||Beantown Bombers Navy|
|23||Syracuse Sports Zone Black|
|24||MVP New England|
|1||Gershkoff Lightning Elite||1||NH Prospects|
|2||NH Prospects||2||Grizzlies Baseball Black|
|3||Grizzlies Baseball Black||3||Grizzlies Baseball White|
|4||Grizzlies Baseball White||4||Grizzlies Baseball Green|
|5||NH Cannons Black||5||NH Cannons|
|6||NH Cannons Orange||6||NEB-NH Black|
|7||Bay Sox American||7||NEB-NH Gold|
|8||Show New England American||8||Evo Apex|
|9||North Shore Freedom Red||9||Bay Sox American|
|10||NEB-NH Black||10||Bay Sox National|
|11||NEB-NH Gold||11||Giants Futures|
|12||Maine Lightning Elite||12||MDB Knights Gold|
|13||Westford Ghosts||13||Brookline Bandits|
|15||Hit Dr Diamonds Green||15||Northeast Longhorns|
|16||Hit Dr Diamonds Black|
- (pools of 5)
- Saturday & Sunday Format:
- All teams will play 2 games on Saturday & Sunday.
- Monday Format:
- Gold Bracket: Top team in each pool based on tie breaker system will advance to the Gold Bracket single elimination round.
- Game Time: Starting time is forfeit time unless there is a delay. Game time starts at completion of ground rules. All teams should plan on arriving 30 minutes prior to scheduled start time.
- Home Team: Coin flip will determine the home team during pool play games. In single elimination round, the higher seeded team will be the home team.
- Player Minimum: A team must start with a minimum of 9 players but can finish with 8, taking an out in vacated batting position(s)
- Infield Warm-Ups: All teams are encouraged to warm-up as much as possible before game time. NO PREGAME INFIELD!
- Pitching Rules:
- No pitching restrictions. We highly recommend coaches using the Pitch Smart guidelines.
- There are no warnings on balks. (9u & 10u age divisions are closed bases)
- If a balk is called then the play is dead. Each base-runner moves up one base.
- Pitchers cannot fake to third base; it will be considered a balk.
- The pitcher must be replaced on the 2nd mound visit per inning or the 3rd mound visit in the game. This resets for each pitcher.
- Intentional Walks: Coaches simply need to tell the umpire that you are intentionally walking the batter and no longer need to throw 4 pitches. The ball is dead.
- Time Limit: All games will have a 1 hour and 40 minute (9u-12u) & 2 hour time limit (13u-14u) except for the Championship Game. This is not a drop-dead time limit. No new inning can start after the time limit has been reached. If the home team is up to bat and is winning the game when the time limit expires the game will end at the point of time expiration. If you start an inning before the time limit, you must finish it. Site director is responsible for keeping the official time.
- Run Rule: 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings and 8 runs after 5 innings. Home team always needs to get their last at bat unless they are winning.
- Extra Inning Rule: Start with bases loaded and 1 out. Last 3 batters from previous inning will be the base runners. Play until you have a winner.
- Pool Play Games: There are ties in pool play.
- Courtesy Runners: Teams have the option to use a courtesy runner for the catcher or pitcher at any point during the game. This runner must be a player not in the line-up at that time. If you have no players available on the bench, then you can use the last batter from the previous inning.
- Re-entry rule. A player can only re-enter in the same batting slot in the line-up. You can never hit in 2 different spots in the line-up during a game.
- Re-entry for a pitcher: In the event a pitcher is substituted with a pinch-runner or hitter, the pitcher may re-enter the game immediately as long as another pitcher does not throw a pitch. If he re-enters after someone else throws a pitch, he will not be allowed to pitch in that game.
- Batting Order:
- The batting order must consist of at least 9 players. Teams can use an EH and a DH in the same line-up. Teams also have the option of using as many EH’s as they want.
- When you move the EH around in the field you do not have to tell the other team what position he is playing each inning. You only have to tell the other team if your lineup changes.
- If a player is injured while using a continuous batting order and that players spot in the batting order comes up, an out is recorded and then they can continue with the batting order.
- Ejection Rules:
- A coach or player ejection carries removal from that game only.
- A coach or player who is ejected for the 2nd time is suspended for the rest of the event.
- The Tournament Director has the authority to suspend a coach or player for the rest of the event after the 1st ejection based on the severity of the act.
- Stop in play:
- If games are not resumed, they will become suspended or called official.
- If 4 innings have been completed, or 3 ½ innings if the home team is ahead will become an official game.
- A suspended game will resume where the game was halted.
- Seedings are determined by the following:
- Pool Winners
- Overall Record
- Runs Against then Runs Scored in the 2 games.
- Runs Against then Runs Scored in first game.
- Runs Against then Runs Scored in second game.
- Coin Flip.
- Bat Rules:
- Metal/composite bats (14U is BBCOR or Wood bat only)
- All bats must have a branding, label, or stamp proving BPF 1.15; length/weight ratio does not matter for this age level
- USA Bats, BBCOR, and/or Wood Bats are also allowed
- Effective January 1, 2022, the following bats may not be used in this event:
- 2015 Demarini CF7 (-5)
- 2015 Easton XL1 (-5)
- 2016 Demarini CF8 (-5)
- 2016 Demarini CF8 (-8)
- 2016 Demarini CF8 (-10)
- 2017 All Demarini CF Zen Bats
- Louisville Slugger Blue Meta Composite (33/30 model only)
- 2018 Dirty South Kamo BB KA 8 (30/22, 31/21, 32/22, 31/23, 32/24 only)
- (Easton) Ghost X (30/20 only – USA Baseball Marked)
NEBC Facility Rules
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No Metal Cleats
- No Sunflower Seeds or Gum
- No Smoking
- No Alcohol
- No Tobacco Use
- No Pets
- No Outside Coolers
- No Bicycles, Scooters, Roller Skates, or Skateboards
- New England Baseball Complex is not responsible for any lost or stolen items at the facility
- Parking is free at the New England Baseball Complex. If additional parking is needed, there will be signs and parking attendants to direct you to the player drop-off and overflow lot
- Please do not double park or park in unmarked spots. Cars will be towed at the owner’s expense
- No parking is allowed in the medical building lot. Cars will be towed at the owner’s expense
- New England Baseball Complex is not responsible for any damage to parked cars
FIRST AID & AED
- First Aid equipment and AED is on-site at all events.