JULY 15-17, 2022
Powered by Under Armour
15u-17u Div I, IA, II
- 20 Teams (15u – 10 Teams) (16u/17u – 10 Teams)
- 3 Game Guarantee
- Championship MVP Award
- All-Tournament Team Awards
- Championship & Runner-Up Awards
- Baseball and Umpires Included
|2-||NH Cannons||2-||Nokona Braves|
|3-||Nokona Braves||3-||Hit Dr Diamonds Black|
|4-||Sluggers Fury East||4-||Nor’easters Stampede Black|
|5-||Sluggers Fury West||5-||Giants Futures 16u|
|6-||Giants Futures||6-||Giants Futures 17u|
|7-||Nor’easters Stampede Black||7-||Samurai Baseball|
|8-||Bay Sox Showcase||8-||RI Devils|
|9-||Needham Rockets||9-||Saco Bay Blue Devils|
|10-||Northeast Lions||10-||Nor’easters Travel|
- All teams will play 2 games on Friday or Saturday.
- Sunday Format:
- Gold Bracket: Top 2 teams in each pool and 1 at large bid will advance to the Gold Bracket single elimination round.
- Silver Bracket: All remaining teams will play in the Silver Bracket.
- Game Time: Starting time is forfeit time unless there is a delay. Game time starts at completion of ground rules. All teams should plan on arriving 30 minutes prior to scheduled start time.
- Home Team: Coin flip will determine the home team during pool play games. In single elimination round, the higher seeded team will be the home team.
- Player Minimum: A team must start with a minimum of 9 players but can finish with 8, taking an out in vacated batting position(s)
- Infield Warm-Ups: All teams are encouraged to warm-up as much as possible before game time. NO PREGAME INFIELD!
- Pitching Rules:
- No pitching restrictions. We highly recommend coaches using the Pitch Smart guidelines.
- There are no warnings on balks.
- If a balk is called then the play is dead. Each base-runner moves up one base.
- Pitchers cannot fake to third base; it will be considered a balk.
- The pitcher must be replaced on the 2nd mound visit per inning or the 3rd mound visit in the game. This resets for each pitcher.
- Intentional Walks: Coaches simply need to tell the umpire that you are intentionally walking the batter and no longer need to throw 4 pitches. The ball is dead.
- Time Limit: All games will have a 2 hour time limit except for the Championship Game. This is not a drop-dead time limit. No new inning can start after the time limit has been reached. If the home team is up to bat and is winning the game when the time limit expires the game will end at the point of time expiration. If you start an inning before the time limit, you must finish it. Site director is responsible for keeping the official time.
- Run Rule: 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings and 8 runs after 5 innings. Home team always needs to get their last at bat unless they are winning.
- Extra Inning Rule: Start with bases loaded and 1 out. Last 3 batters from previous inning will be the base runners. Play until you have a winner.
- Pool Play Games: There are ties in pool play.
- Courtesy Runners: Teams have the option to use a courtesy runner for the catcher or pitcher at any point during the game. This runner must be a player not in the line-up at that time. If you have no players available on the bench, then you can use the last batter from the previous inning.
- Re-entry rule. A player can only re-enter in the same batting slot in the line-up. You can never hit in 2 different spots in the line-up during a game.
- Re-entry for a pitcher: In the event a pitcher is substituted with a pinch-runner or hitter, the pitcher may re-enter the game immediately as long as another pitcher does not throw a pitch. If he re-enters after someone else throws a pitch, he will not be allowed to pitch in that game.
- Batting Order:
- The batting order must consist of at least 9 players. Teams can use an EH and a DH in the same line-up. Teams also have the option of using as many EH’s as they want.
- When you move the EH around in the field you do not have to tell the other team what position he is playing each inning. You only have to tell the other team if your lineup changes.
- If a player is injured while using a continuous batting order and that players spot in the batting order comes up, an out is recorded and then they can continue with the batting order.
- Ejection Rules:
- A coach or player ejection carries removal from that game only.
- A coach or player who is ejected for the 2nd time is suspended for the rest of the event.
- The Tournament Director has the authority to suspend a coach or player for the rest of the event after the 1st ejection based on the severity of the act.
- Stop in play:
- If games are not resumed, they will become suspended or called official.
- If 4 innings have been completed, or 3 ½ innings if the home team is ahead will become an official game.
- A suspended game will resume where the game was halted.
- Seedings are determined by the following:
- Pool Winners
- Overall Record
- Runs Against then Runs Scored in the 2 games.
- Runs Against then Runs Scored in first game.
- Runs Against then Runs Scored in second game.
- Coin Flip.
- Bat Rules:
- BBCOR, and/or Wood Bats are allowed